Lacopo Fedi & Loris Salvucci

Iacopo Fedi and Loris Salvucci begin collaborating in 2009 in the rock blues band Moonbeans. Together with Moonbeans, they record a demo (Taste It) and play at various venues and Festivals between Ascoli Piceno and Rome. When the Moonbeans project finishes, they decide to start up a new group, the Glass Onion Trio, still playing together today. Alongside this project, lacopo Fedi continues his work as solo artist, recording his third album, Crazy Heart. Loris is there too, playing electric bass and slide guitar.

At the beginning of 2011, the two form the band "Iacopo Fedi & the Family Bones", which follows Iacopo in his arrangements and plays his original songs live. In December 2012, Iacopo and Loris decide to record an EP entitled "The 4th Winter Sessions ep". They include material they had worked on outside the music projects already mentioned. The songs on the EP are a live recording, subsequently overdubbed and recorded with the participation of Francesco Ciabattoni (Glass Onion Trio; Family Bones) on sax and Vincenzo Marconi Siarroni and Giampiero Mazzocchi (both in Family Bones) respectively on electric guitar and on organ and piano. Actually Fedi & Salvucci are presenting live the new material that will be in the their first album, out in 2014.

Text taken from their bio. Listen to their Sound Cloud
Comments

This is not a Dream - Willie Wright

This is not a Dream - Willie Wright

Willie Wright's first new studio album in 34 years!

Rhythm & Blues fans brought back his collectible 1978 classic LP "Telling the Truth," inspiring Willie to create this album of all new original compositions.
Willie Wright, the 1960's/70's Folk-Soul "mystery man" whose 1978 classic LP Telling the Truth was re-released in January 2011 on the prestigious archival label Numero Group , slipped quietly into Burlington, Vermont for a couple of weeks in May, 2011, joined by some lifelong local friends, to record his first studio album in more than 30 years. Currently coping with advanced Parkinsons, he said in an interview just before the recording sessions, “I can feel I’m losing it slowly, but I’m trying to hang on; that’s why we’re planning this session. That will be the last session I do. I’m not complaining. I’m just trying to speak the truth.” Read More...
Comments

Traveler’s Journey - Kyle Fosburgh

Traveler's Journey

The Traveler’s Journey is a visual journey though darkness and light expressed though the steel-string acoustic guitar. Artists like John Fahey, Robbie Basho and Leo Kottke defended the steel string acoustic guitar as a concert instrument with their careers, and this album draws influence from all three and others.

I would go a step further and say it's a subliminal homage to these great steel-string guitar players. Kyle Fosburgh seems to capture the essence of the steel-string. Feeling the moments and journeying over mountains. Whilst listening, memories come flowing back of a North American Raga or a dedication to Khalil Gibran.

"I was asked by the record company to sum up "my" philosophy of life and music. "My" philosophy is quite simple: soul first, technique later, or "Better to drink wine from the hands than water from a pretty cup"; of course the ultimate is wine from a pretty cup. Amen." Robbie Basho

Official site: http://www.kylefosburgh.com Read More...
Comments

The Roving Crows

Roving Crows

2012 has seen the Crows win three international music awards (Top Celtic Rock Band and Top Fiddle Player at the Irish Music Awards; Top Folk Act, Exposure Music Awards.) They preformed at many festivals and venues all over the UK including Trowbridge Village Pump Fest; Purbeck Folk Fest; and Chapel Arts, Bath amongst many many more…performing approximately 160 shows throughout the last year.

The Roving Crows have already, this year produced an exclusive limited edition EP made available from January 26th, as a pre-release to their highly anticipated second album coming out in October 2013. Of course they will also be touring throughout the year. Read More...
Comments

Are You Ready Cat? - Angeline Morrison

Angeline Morrison

Already familiar to fans of Freestyle Records acts Frootful and Lack Of Afro after supplying her memorable voice to tracks by both, as well as working with masters of the mellow; The Ambassadors Of Sorrow, Angeline Morrison's ability to craft subtle, yet very catchy melodies infused with folk, bossa nova, R&B and jazz rhythms and textures ensures her music sounds fresh, engaging and highly original.

Now signed to Freestyle Records as a solo artist in her own right, the music that Angeline creates has an ethereal, other worldly quality, due in no small part to the wide ranging styles and influences that inform her highly individual, quirky, song writing and vocal abilities. Stir in elements of 60s torch song style, hypnotic, exotic and eclectic melodies, and you begin to understand the myriad of musical textures Angeline blends into a homogeneous soundscape.
Read More...
Comments

China Ship - Mark Abis

MArk Abis

Singer-songwriter Mark Abis is coming to town. You probably won’t have heard of him, but his story reads like a Who’s Who of some of the most discerning and respected figures in the music business.Joe Boyd, the legendary record producer from the sixties who signed and produced Nick Drake, Fairport Convention and Pink Floyd, said “I have heard more than any one man's share of singer-songwriters, so it takes a lot to get my attention. His melodies are original, his vocals warm and distinctive, a real musical sensibility is obvious, with literary lyrics to boot. Mark Abis is my vote for one of the best of the new generation”.
Read More...
Comments

Norris-Brown

Norris-Brown

Norris-Brown was a contemporary acoustic duo comprised of vocalist Ingrid Brown and guitarist Adrian Norris. They were formed in Birmingham UK in 1992 after Ingrid answered an advertisement that Adrian had placed in a midlands music magazine looking for a vocalist.

Ingrid had previously sung in social club acts doing pop and classic standards and, over time, she moved on to developing a love of traditional folk songs and tunes. She played piano and, while the instrument would never be used live, she used it as a basis for developing her musical knowledge and writing her own compositions. Read More...
Comments