Apple Of My Eye - Devils

Apple Of My Eye -Devils

Apple of my Eye - Devils

Something, but usually someone, that one cherishes above all others as Wikipedia describes the old phrase. And the band describes Apple of my eye weave beautiful and epic folk tales from snatches of half remember songs you mother used to sing you, and lyrics scrawled on the backs of unopened bank statements. I couldn't agree more. Sublime vocals and intricate instrumental work. Their debut album "Devils" is a magical journey filled with rhythm and rhyme.

Apple of my eye weave beautiful and epic folk tales from snatches of half remember songs you mother used to sing you, and lyrics scrawled on the backs of unopened bank statements. But who are these fuckwits? Why, they could be your neighbour, friend or lover. But by night, they love to shape shift and transmogrify while singing drunken anthems to the damned. They are an unusual bunch. When one suspects that another member of the seven-strong outfit may be rotten to the core, they are mercilessly fermented and the seeds consumed by the remaining members, who in turn harvest the apples from their inner tree and repopulate the band. Their music sounds as old as the hills themselves. But this deceptive – it is in fact very modern. Progressive as crop rotation, they sow songs of clover, willow, demons and the many tragic faces of love

Official Webpage:
http://applesinlondon.wordpress.com
blog comments powered by Disqus