Misery Guts - Let Me on My Way

Misery Guts

Over the last two years Misery Guts have released two singles and an EP to critical acclaim, supported many established acts (Noah and the Whale, Cherry Ghost, The Fall to name a few), had introductions from Tom Robinson on BBC 6 Music and established one of the most exciting event nights in their home city Liverpool, "Club Electric Sheep". In September 2010 the band supported Cherry Ghost on their UK tour and also Jack White’s Favourite Folkies Smoke Fairies.

In 2011 they began writing and recording their debut album 'Faded Traditions' after touring the festival circuit and putting on their own acclaimed gig/festivals in Liverpool’s Bombed out Church and Scandinavian Church.

Drawing inspiration from the folk revivalists of the 60’s and 70’s as well as the great British singer-songwriters of the same era, Misery Guts are storytellers—beautifully melodic with psychedelic undertones. They are capable of seamlessly crossing the realm of music to emotional connection, drawing you in with their rich melodic folk sounds.

Now firmly established as one of Liverpool’s most exciting, 'must see' bands, the buzz around the city has built to deafening levels and with their debut album finished they will be touring and working hard to try and reach the same levels nationwide and beyond.

'Let Me on My Way' was recorded live in Liverpool at Elevator Studios in Summer 2011 with Philip K. Dick having a heavy influence on the band as the lyrics in the verses make references to some of his classic dystopian sci-fi novels, many of which have been made into Hollywood blockbusters including Blade Runner, The Minority Report, Total Recall, A Scanner Darkly and The Adjustment Bureau. The band reflects on the sentiment that while the world moves on and technology progresses, ‘I'm happy as I am, thanks.’

They will be releasing the single 'Let Me on My Way' digitally on Friday 7th September taken from their debut album 'Faded Traditions'.
They will be performing live in Southport on the 20th August, Liverpool 8th September at Ship and Mitre, London 14th Septmeber at The Bull and Gate, Camden, and Leeds 19th Septmeber at Oporto. More dates to be announced.

-
Blurb Music PR
blog comments powered by Disqus